24 January 2011

Scouting New York: Houdini's Final Vanishing Act in Queens, New York, USA

In one of my blog articles yesterday, Sunday 23 January 2011, I shared the link to the blog Scouting New York's article Three Private Graves in Manhattan with you. The blog has been added to my Selected blogs website, as I really enjoy reading the articles Nick Carr writes in connection with his work as a film location scout in New York City.

Another article I would like to give a mention is Houdini's Final Vanishing Act in Queens, published on 20 December 2010. The blog article deals with the grave of the famous magician Harry Houdini (real name Erik Weiss), who is buried at Machpelah Cemetery. It cannot be spotted in the map that NY Scout has provided, but it is situated at 8230 Cypress Hills Street, Ridgewood, between the New Union Field and Hungarian cemeteries.

For a "cemetery geek" like me I think the Cemetery Belt in Glendale, Queens, would be interesting to visit one day. Of course there are so many other interesting things to see and do in New York City, so it would not be on the top of my list, but if I get a few hours for myself, perhaps. I have been to New York City 3 times already, but it is a city you just have to get back to. My next trip to the United States will not be to New York, though, as my wife and I have friends in other states that we have promised to visit first. But one of these days...

Blogglisten

No comments:

Post a Comment