(2) On the way up to Acropolis. View of the city of Lindos.
(5) How did the cat stand the heat, I wonder... A beauty, anyway!
(6) This was unfortunately the closest we got to Acropolis this time, as at the gate we were told that the tourist attraction was affected by the general strike that day...
(7) The ancient theatre.
(8) A glimpse of Acropolis in the background.
(9) On our way to St. Paul's Bay where a chapel has erected in memory of St. Paul the Apostle's visit during his third missionary journey. As Acropolis was closed, the stay at the bay was the higlight of our visit to Lindos. Beautiful surroundings and a great beach as well.
(11) From the beach in St. Paul's Bay one could view the back side of Acropolis.
(18) On our way back to "down town" Lindos. Yet another angle of Acropolis.
I visited the Greek island of Rhodes in early October 2011. My parents-in-law had invited their children, children-in-law and grandchildren to a week's vacation at Rhodes in connection with their 70th birthdays. Sun hungry as we were, we spent most of the time at the beach closest to Sunwing Resort & Spa Kallithea, but made two excursions - to Lindos (founded around the 10th century BC!) and to the city of Rhodes. I will come back to Rhodes with a couple of blog articles later on.
Lindos is a most beautiful place and really "a must" if you ever visit the island of Rhodes!