5 February 2013

Church and Cemetery of St. Etheldreda, Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom

















I have been to Norwich in Norfolk, England 18 times so far, first of all to watch my favourite football team Norwich City FC play, but on several occasions I have also taken the time to do some sightseeing. I have passed the now redundant Church of St. Etheldreda, which is situated between Rouen Road and King Street, several times on my way from the football stadium Carrow Road to the city centre, but I have never stopped to have a look. When I visited Norwich in early November 2012, I decided to do something about it.

It is now an overgrown and not too well kept place, and many of the photos I took didn't turn out too well due to the limited light (that is at least the excuse I will use!). The church, dated from 1723, is today in the care of the Norwich Historic Churches Trust and used as a studio.

For more details and photos, plase check out the website Norfolkchurches.co.uk, Jammo's Photostream (Flickr.com) and the blog God's Acre.

No comments:

Post a Comment