7 February 2017

Stenset grave, Orelund Cemetery, Sandefjord, Norway (Tombstone Tuesday)

 © 2005 Dag Trygsland Hoelseth. 

© 2008 Dag Trygsland Hoelseth. 

The photos show the urn grave of Rudolf Stenset (1920–1975) and Sigrid Stenset, née Hoelseth (1921–1975) at Orelund (Nybo) gravlund (cemetery), Sandefjord, Norway. Their names and dates are inscribed (or rather attached) directly on a natural stone. The lease of the urn grave expired in 2015, I think, so I don't know if anything has happened to the letters and numbers. I will have to check it out next time I visit Sandefjord, the city where I grew up. At least I have several photos of the grave. There are several similar urn graves at Nybo ( as well as ordinary graves), and I might return with a presentation of the cemetery as a whole later on. 

Sigrid was a younger sister of my grandfather Arne Hoelseth (1916–2007).

Updated on Monday 5 June 2017 at 10.10. to reflect that Orelund gravlund (cemetery) seems to be the official name of the cemetery, while many still refer to it as Nybo gravlund, maybe because the old grave chapel had the name Nybo kapell (Nybo Chapel).

No comments:

Post a Comment