The Grand Ducal Court of Luxembourg yesterday - 27 March 2023 - announced the birth of Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume and Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie's second child, Prince François:
Birth of H.R.H. Prince François
Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince and the Crown Princess are delighted to announce the birth of their son at the Maternité Grande-Duchesse Charlotte in Luxembourg on Monday, 27th March 2023 at 10:04 am.
The newborn Prince will be named François Henri Luis Marie Guillaume. He weights 3.575 kg and measures 53 cm.
Princess Stéphanie and her child are both healthy and well.
The Crown Prince, the Crown Princess and his brother Prince Charles are looking forward to introducing Prince François to you.
The pregnancy was announced in late September 2022. Prince François, who was born as no. 3 in the line of succession to the Grand Ducal throne, is the sixth grandchild of Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa.
The current line of succession:
- Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume (b. 1981)
- Prince Charles (b. 2020)
- Prince François (b. 2023)
- Prince Félix (b. 1984)
- Princess Amalia of Nassau (b. 2014)
- Prince Liam of Nassau (b. 2016)
- Princess Alexandra (b. 1991)
- Prince Sébastien (b. 1992)
- Prince Guillaume (b. 1963)
- Prince Paul Louis of Nassau (b. 1998)
- Prince Léopold of Nassau (b. 2000)
- Prince Jean André of Nassau (b. 2004)
- Prince Robert (b. 1968)
- Prince Alexandre of Nassau (b. 1997)
- Prince Frederik of Nassau (b. 2002)