The birth was marked with a 21-gun-salute at noon and flags were flown from the public buildings.
Prince Joachim, the youngest son of Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, is now the proud father of four children. He has 2 boys - Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix - with his former wife, now Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg - and a son, Prince Henrik, with his second wife, Marie. The names of the new princess will in accordance with tradition not be known until the christening. The name-guessing has already started! Well, as I have said on similar occasions earlier, I hope that the parents will find a call name (traditionally the girl will receive four names) that follow Danish royal traditions, but we might be taken by surprise again. As Prince Joachim said earlier today according to Berlingske, the princess "could be named everything from Jo to Sherezade"!
The newborn princess is tenth in line of succession to the Danish throne:
- HRH Crown Prince Frederik (b. 1968)
- HRH Prince Christian (b. 2005)
- HRH Princess Isabella (b. 2007)
- HRH Prince Vincent (b. 2011)
- HRH Princess Josephine (b. 2011)
- HRH Prince Joachim (b. 1969)
- HH Prince Nikolai (b. 1999)
- HH Prince Felix (b. 2002)
- HH Prince Henrik (b. 2009)
- HH Princess NN (b. 2012)
- HRH Princess Benedikte (b. 1944)
- HH Princess Elisabeth (b. 1935)