Last Friday, while on my way to a genealogy conference (Släktforskardagarna 2026) in Borås, I made a short stop at the Lagmansered church ruins in the municipality of Trollhättan. Next to the ruins lies a small cemetery which has a seperate section for the baronial family of Silfverschiöld, whose principal seat is at Koberg Castle not far away.
Princess Désirée, an elder sister of King Carl XVI Gustaf of Sweden, died in January this year and was later interred at the cemetery next to her husband Baron (Friherre) Niclas Silfverschiöld (1934–2017). Her grave plate has not been put in place yet, so I will have to visit the cemetery again another time, maybe next year when I plan to attend Släktforskardagarna 2027 in Jönköping. Naturally I also took photos of the other Silfverschiöld graves before I took off again.
There used to be a stave church built at Lagmansered farm in 1465. It was burned down by the Danes in 1612. A new church was erected during the years 1639–1647, but it was destroyed by fire several times, and afte the last fire in 1929 the community decided to erect a new church at another location closer to Koberg. The new church also has a cemetery, so please have this in mind if you wish to visit the Silfverschiöld graves as they are, as already mentioned, situated in the cemetery at the ruins of the old church.
Her name has oddly enough been misspelt (it should be Désirée, not "Désireé").
Grave of Baron (Friherre) Niclas Silfverschiöld (1934–2017), husband of Princess Désirée.
Grave of Baron Otto Silfverschiöld (1871–1951), grandfather of Niclas.
Grave of Baroness Ingeborg Silfverschiöld, née vom Horn (1873–1953), wife of Otto.
Grave of Baron Carl-Otto Silfverschiöld (1899–1955), father of Niclas.
Grave of Baroness Madeleine Silfverschiöld, née Bennich (1906–1994, first wife of Carl-Otto and mother of Niclas.
Grave of Ambassador Carl Schwartz (1920–2008), who was married to Niclas' elder sister Ulla Margareta Silfverschiöld, b. 1932.
Grave of Ebba Ribbing, née Baroness Silfverschiöld (1873–1914), younger sister of Otto, b. 1871.
Grave of Tekla Johansson (1883–1969), who had the title of Kammarjungfru - I suppose that she was employed at Koberg.
The section with the Silfverschiöld graves.
The ruins of the church which was destroyed by fire in 1929.
















No comments:
Post a Comment