History - Royalty - Genealogy - Traveling - In the news
30 March 2011
The Citadel Park cemeteries, Poznan, Poland, Part IV
See Part I for an introduction to the Citadel Park cemeteries.
(65) Polish War memorial.
(73) Grave of Jan Zosislaw Stachowiak (1927-1947).
(74) Grave of Mieczyslaw Jachimowicz (1923-1963).
(75) Grave of General --- Wictor Raczynski (1864-1928).
(80) Grave of Michalina Bednarek, née Dobrackich (1853-1924) and Józef Bednarek (1859-1927).
(82) Grave of Matka (Mother) Maria Ignacja, civil name Michalina Szydlowska (1858-1931).
(84) Grave of Antoni Bednarek (1879-1935).
This is the fourth and last part of the series covering the Citadel Park cemeteries of Poznan, Poland, and also the last blog based on my visit to Poznan in November 2010. See also Part I, Part II and Part III.
This blog is written by Dag T. Hoelseth, a Norwegian historian specialising in royal history.
I have a Cand.philol. degree in history from the University of Oslo and graduated in 1997 with the dissertation Det nasjonale kongedømme. Det norske monarkiet 1905-1910, which dealt with the royal election in Norway 1905 and how the new dynasty "became Norwegian".
I am the author of Historisk utredning om Kongehuset, dets apanasjer og disponible statseiendommer, which was published on behalf of the Palace Committee in 2001. The report focused among others on the history of the Norwegian civil list from 1905 to the 1970s as well as the properties the king of Norway has to his disposal.
I have made contributions to several antologies and also written articles for various publications. More often I have operated "behind the scene", consulting newspapers etc. with background information.
Among my other interests are genealogy, Norwegian-American emigration history, US presidential history, traveling, football and ice hockey.