3 January 2022

Published articles and Slektshistoriewiki contributions, 2021

I open my blog account of 2022 with a short survey of my «accomplishments» as an historian and genealogist in the previous year. 

Published articles in 2021

  • «Praktverk om Heftye-slekten», review  of Heftye, Rolf Erik, Kapitalsterke innvandrere. Christianiaslekten Heftye fra 1769, Bærum: [Private], 2020, in Genealogen no. 1, 2021, pp. 42–43.
  • «Kunngjøring av regelverk i Norsk Lovtidend under pandemien» [«Announcing [acts and] regulations during a pandemic», Lovdatas årsmelding 2020 [The Lovdata Foundation's Annual Report 2020], published 29 July2021, pp. 8–10.
Genealogen is the bi-annual newsletter (periodical) of Norsk Slektshistorisk Forening, the Norwegian Genealogical Society. I didn't make any contributions to Genealogen's second issue in 2021, but I was responsible for the proof-reading as well as writing the minutes of Norsk Slektshistorisk Forening's annual meeting, which was printed on pp. 50–51.

I have also written many new articles at Slektshistoriewiki, the Norwegian Genealogy Wiki, during 2021 – genealogies, biographies and other articles.  Here is a survey of my most important contributions at Slektshistoriewiki during 2021:

Genealogies
Others
I spent a lot of time researching for and writing the Lorentzen article above. I commented on it in a blog article published in November 2021. I have also made some updates to the article about the Lorentzen family from Holmestrand, but far more has to be done in 2022. The number of older articles being updated is in the hundreds. As editor of Slektshistoriewiki, I have also edited contributions made by other wiki users, including helping out with images etc. I have also helped out with genealogical research for a few articles published in Lokalhistoriewiki.

In March 2021 I delivered my work in connection with the Cappelen family project. I have also done more research on the Cappelen genealogy, which I hope will lead to a book, but that is a project that will take years to finish.

I have also worked on several other genealogical projects and plan to at least publish something on the Hoelseth family during 2022.

Concerning the blog, I wrote 41 articles in 2021, which was one less than in the previous year. The blog year started well with 9 articles in January, but I was too busy in November and December to write much. I hope to increase the number of blog articles in 2022, but will not make any promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment